I carn't use FTP on my computer. Can you help please?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

mattvot

Hello all,

I dont know what information you need so just ask, All i know is that I can not connect with FTP, Please help.

Thanks
Mattvot

cwwozniak

Chuck
What FTP client software are you trying to use on your computer or are you trying FTP access with Internet Explorer?

What is the URL or IP address that you are trying to access with FTP?

Do you get any kind of warnings or error messages saying you can not connect?

You at least need 5 things for FTP to work:

1. An active, FTP enabled hosting account
  2. An FTP client like Filezilla, SmartFTP, AceFTP, WS_FTP, etc.
  3. Information about FTP server in your hosting account. This could be something like ftp.yoursite.com or may be an IP address.
  4. A username to connect to the FTP server.
  5. A password to connect to the FTP server.

Well, sounds like your firewall to me. Did you mean you can run the ftp software but cannot connect? Or did you use a firewall. There's a plugin for Firefox called FireFTP. It's embedded with Firefox. Make sure you have the rights to the server before attempting any connection to the server.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online