1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

I Clean My Computer. Now Speakers Dont Have Sound.!! ; ;

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by cuddies, Aug 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cuddies

cuddies Thread Starter

::( Hello!
    I'm in big trouble please help me out ; ;. I recently clean up my computer but now my speakers won't transmit any sound. This it’s what I did.
    'My computer->Right-click on Local Disk->Properties->Disk Clean upAfter it was done my speakers wouldn't work I went for help and support . Follow the questions but nothing. I plug my speakers on another computer and it work. so it must be a missing file but I can't or don't know how(what) to do ; ;.Trust me, I did anything I look for files. And updates; maybe it would work. But it didn’t fix anything. I really don’t know where to look for sound files or speaker ; ;.This its the error messages that apperared after I tried to play a song."Windows Media Player cannot play the file because there is a problem with your sound device. There might not be a sound device installed on your computer, it might be in use by another program, or it might not be functioning properly"
    It’s very strange I have done disk clean up and nothing wrong happened before. Also it’s not only on windows media player it’s for anything that requires a sound devices (Internet)
    Please help me put what should I do If its fixable tell me step by step I'll do it ; ;

2. Sponsor

3. new tech guy

new tech guy

Ok have you tried system restoring to before the disc cleanup as it sounds as if your soundcard drivers have corrupted.

4. cuddies

cuddies Thread Starter

I did system restoring yesterday. but Disk clean up wasn't post it. If you are right. I have no other choice to buy soundcard ?; ;

5. new tech guy

new tech guy

No you dont need a soundcard. Just find the disc containing the driver software for the sound card and install the software. Reboot and see if your problem is fixed.

6. randy_california

randy_california

No, you don't need a new sound card.
    I'm assuming that you have VIA AC'97 Audio Controller (WDM) onboard sound.
    Check and see, right click My Computer/ Properties/ Hardware tab/ Device Manager.
    Scroll down to 'Sound, video and game controllers, click the plus + sign, see if there is a yellow exclamation mark, right click to update driver, while there check the properties, does device say working properly, and device (enable)
    *note, I've had success before by uninstalling the VIA AC'97 Audio Controller (WDM), rebooting the computer and the hardware wizard finds the controller and reinstalls.

Another thing to check, right click My Computer/ Manage/ Services and Application/ Services, scroll down to 'Windows Audio' and make sure it says 'Started and Automatic'

Another place to check sound, Start/ Run/ type> dxdiag
    ok, under the 'Sound tab' test the sound.

If you need the drivers, get WDM_A400

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/613254