Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

I cleaned my pc yesterday, and now my HDMI wont work

Solved 
600 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Cookiegal 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
So yesterday i was cleaning the dust off my computer, i cleaned basically the whole thing (i didnt use any cleaning PRODUCTS just a tool that cant harm the pc in any way that removes dust.) and when i went to turn it on everything boots fine except the display doesnt show in the monitor. I use HDMI and I tested 2 diff HDMI cables. They both seemed a little... loose when connected to the computer. They also came out kinda too easy for comfort. Anyone know what i could have possibly done and how to reverse it? Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
So yesterday i was cleaning the dust off my computer
Post exactly how you did this ie used a can of air, used a vacuum cleaner, used a paint brush, what. If you removed any parts, post exactly what parts you removed.
If it worked before and not now, there are really only two possibilities;
1 You knocked something loose while inside the case.
2 You broke something while inside the case
What I would do;
1 System OFF and pw cord removed from the pw supply
2 Reseat both atx and aux pw connectors on the motherboard. Be sure they are fully seated
3 Remove ALL ram. Blow the slots out with a can of air. Reinstall the ram and be sure it is fully seated
4 Reseat your video card, again be sure it is fully seated
5 Replace pw cord and pw ON. See how it works.

#3 · (Edited by Moderator)
Post exactly how you did this ie used a can of air, used a vacuum cleaner, used a paint brush, what. If you removed any parts, post exactly what parts you removed.
If it worked before and not now, there are really only two possibilities;
1 You knocked something loose while inside the case.
2 You broke something while inside the case
What I would do;
1 System OFF and pw cord removed from the pw supply
2 Reseat both atx and aux pw connectors on the motherboard. Be sure they are fully seated
3 Remove ALL ram. Blow the slots out with a can of air. Reinstall the ram and be sure it is fully seated
4 Reseat your video card, again be sure it is fully seated
5 Replace pw cord and pw ON. See how it works.
Wow i cannot thank you enough. i needed my computer to finish some homework due today, and after doing what you said it completely works. ill save this comment in my bookmarks just in case.

#4 ·
You are welcome. You were lucky in that you just knocked something loose. For future reference, you are able to mark your own thread as solved using the button at the upper left. No need for this one; I will mark it for you.

#5 ·
I've edited your post for language. Even thought it may be starred out by the board censors it's still not acceptable. Your account has been issued a warn with loss of 1 point. Please be more careful should you post again in the future as this is a family friendly site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.