1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

I cons turning white than back to color

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by xpuser35776, Apr 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. xpuser35776

xpuser35776 Thread Starter

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2120 CPU @ 3.30GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 8143 Mb
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 610, -2048 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 476837 MB, Free - 352577 MB; F: Total - 305242 MB, Free - 284205 MB;
    Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC., P8H61-M LE/CSM R2.0
    Antivirus: avast! Antivirus, Updated and Enabled

I have a question. When I first start computer I get password than desk top. All looks ok except my I cons turn white and than all color comes back to them one by one. My wallpaper is a cabin on a green meadow overlooking dark blue pond. I do not see any color change with wallpaper. I was told by someone that it could be video card.. But nothing changes but I cons. Any suggestions?

2. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    If nothing else is unusual I think it's probably normal, it's just Windows refreshing the desktop icons, it's very common and nothing to worry about IMO.

3. joe957

joe957

I second that. Happens every startup on my compter.

4. Blu_86

Blu_86

I think this user is noticing something unusual from the norm obviously. It could be due to heat the case from dust buildup, or from your video card, or power supply. What you describe can also be caused too many temporary files. Do you do regular computer maintenance? E.G. clearing temp files at least every other day, and an every 2-3 months defrag? How long does the icon flash last?

Over time without clearing temp files or doing and operating system reinstall you will get longer icon refresh times. One thing to consider is ... is your computer functioning normally otherwise? meaning after the supposed long icon refresh? If so then it's likely that your operating system needs some maintenance.

5. xpuser35776

Thank you it is the only issue. I play a game on it when I have time( Return of castle Wolfenstein ) With no problems.

6. xpuser35776

I blow it out quarterly and run adware scans daily. It lasts within seconds

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1146657

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice