1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

I deleted my iPods Partition... Please Help...

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by afoord, Mar 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. afoord

afoord Thread Starter

The other day I was installing Windows XP on a new computer and i had my iPod plugged into it... When I got to the "partition page" (or whatever its called) in the setup i deleted the partition on my iPod... Only after i had told it to delete it did i realise what i had done. So i unplugged it before it started formatting the harddrive.
    I thought everything was fine with it as it would still play music and everything but when i plugged it into my computer itunes would not recognise it but it shows in my computer as "Removable Disc (J)". When you try to open it, it says "Please insert a disc into drive J."
    I did an iPod Reset and now the iPod says there is absolutely nothing on the iPod at all and there is no space availiable. Also noticed was that the file format had changed to RAW instead of FAT32...

What should i do? I was thinking let Windows reformat the drive back to Fat32 but would that wreck the system iPod completely and turn it into a portable storage device and disable it to be used as an iPod again?

2. Sponsor

3. Elvandil

Elvandil

4. WhitPhil

WhitPhil Gone but never forgotten Trusted Advisor

Elvandil Your link does not work.

I "presume" that this one will suffice?

5. LauraMJ

LauraMJ Administrator

Works for me.:)

6. Elvandil

Elvandil

The link works for me. At least now.

Thanks for the alternative.

7. afoord

afoord Thread Starter

Thank you for the help Elvandil.

Will using this application return the iPod into it's original state? ie. As new?

8. afoord

afoord Thread Starter

Weird... I just plugged the iPod in just then and itunes recognised it somehow...

Does anyone know any free programs which will be able to rescue the files on the RAW drive before I restore the iPod?

9. pczafer

pczafer

10. afoord

afoord Thread Starter

Thankyou for your suggestion but that program doesnt recognise the iPod.

It's really annoying how all the recovery programs that work properly require you to buy the full version to actually recover the files... frustrating...

11. afoord

afoord Thread Starter

i ended up using Disk Digger... It's a very simple program. Recovered almost everything from my ipod. and the best thing is, is that its FREE!

The only bad thing about it is that it doesnt find the folders or how everything was arranged like the expensive programs. And Disk Digger only finds Images, Text Documents, or mp3 or mp4 files.

All I have to do is restore the iPod and I'm back in business.

Thank you everyone :)

12. Elvandil

Elvandil

PhotoRec is another that may help, and is also free.

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/811565