1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

I deleted the Primary Partition

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by carlos33, Aug 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. carlos33

carlos33 Thread Starter

Hello,

Hey guys (or gals) I deleted the priamry partition on my gateway computer. Windows XP. Is my home computer and it was infected with tons of viruses. I think I screw up big time. I keep putting the recovery Cd back in, but at one point it doesn't recognice some of the files that is uploading. After a while it goes to a black screen. Anyone has any good news....please!!! :(

2. jiml8

jiml8 Guest

What are you trying to do? Do you want to reformat/reinstall? Or are you trying to recover the system that is on the partition you deleted?

How did you delete the partition. What, exactly, command by command, did you do?

3. bearone2

bearone2 Banned

if you deleted the partition the data may be recoverable if you didn't install the os.

it is very expensive.

4. carlos33

carlos33 Thread Starter

I'm trying to reinstall XP. I don't care about the previous data/files. All I was trying to do was to destroy the viruses (computer was super slow) by creating the new partition and installing XP again.

I was told to delete the primary partition, create a new one and install XP again. So I put the CD (Operating System Recovery) in the computer. I selected the option delete primary Partition. After that I selected Create a new partion and tried to install XP again. The computer goes to a blank screen and does nothing else. All this was done from the CD.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/394661