1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

I disabled display adapter on device manager

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Tinceus, Apr 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tinceus

Tinceus Thread Starter

Amyone please help me immediately.
    I was fixing rendering issues with Adobe Premiere pro cc 2017, and reading from a post, I disabled the display adapter in Device Manager.
    Now my laptop, which has a broken lcd and would only work when connected to a monitor, wont turn on and my monitor says no signal.

How to solve this please help

My laptop: Acer aspire e 14, windows 10

2. lynx1021

lynx1021

They probably meant to Uninstall the display adapter not disable it. If you can reset the CMOS it might come back, kind of hard on a laptop, usually means taking it apart. That is the only thing I can think off. Someone with more experience with laptops may have something else. You don't hear the fan running? From the Web :"If you know the battery works then take it out, and hold down the power button for 20 seconds (tip from Acer website). Next put the battery back in and plug in the power cord. The orange charging light should turn on. Once the blue charged light comes on, try to turn on your laptop" Some laptops use the big battery for the Cmos.

3. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    Boot into Safe Mode.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1225401

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice