I don't know if this is a bios problem or a windows problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

zackish

or a cd problem! I'm running windows 98 I have about 500mg of ram , a voodo 5 3d card and a soundblaster live card-
I have an AMD K6 2-450 with an ASUS P5A motherboard currently using a Maxtor 30 Gig drive which I just installed- prior to this I had my Lite-on LTN526 running as a slave to a removable drive. I switched my old hard drive to run as a slave to the new bigger one and removed the removable drive. - thus I changed the CD to a Master (with the jumper) and it now runs on its own tape.(as the secondary master) However- now when I boot I get a message that the CDROM was found-LTN526 and then it takes about 5 minutes for it to move on and go to windows-I'm assuming the lag is due to the CD but in fact I'm clueless! Any thoughts?:confused:

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online