1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved I dont know what ssd card to get

Discussion in 'Games' started by Jazzyt.b, Dec 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Jazzyt.b

Jazzyt.b Thread Starter

Hi there,
    So I play this game called the Sims 4 on Hp desktop, literally have no idea about anything when it comes to computers so I was wondering if someone could tell me what ssd card (below £100) I need for my computer to quicken the game and what if it quicken s the framerate.

2. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    An SSD won't speed up the frame-rate, it only speeds up the reading and writing of data to the drive as compared to a mechanical hard drive. To increase the frame-rate you will need a better Graphics card; and possibly a faster Cpu.

What is the full model name of the HP desktop ?

3. Jazzyt.b

Jazzyt.b Thread Starter

Sorry for the late reply I think it is
    HP 260-p130na Slimline Desktop PC - Black
    Sorry I had to copy and paste that, I still need an sad card to speed up the game as it loads new areas

4. Jazzyt.b

Jazzyt.b Thread Starter

I also forgot to say I use a lot of mods ( about 1k) on my game and intend to use more

5. managed

First Name:
    Allan
    To get the most out of an SSD you should put Windows and the game onto it but that is quite complicated.

Your best bet would be to get a friend who is into computers to help you with this, or go to a computer shop (a small one not one of the big chains) and ask them if they could install your game (and possibly Windows) onto an SSD if you buy it from them.

6. Jazzyt.b

Jazzyt.b Thread Starter

Thank you so much, I'm going to assume any ssd will be fine xx

7. managed

First Name:
    Allan
    That's probably true but I would check there is a spare Sata port on the motherboard.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1220860

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice