1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

I dont know what to do. Computer freezes constantly

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by stuckknot, May 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. stuckknot

stuckknot Thread Starter

Hi. I despratly need some help. I am 16 and my parents got a new compaq persario s4020wm desktop a little under a year ago. Ever since we have had it, it does nothing but freeze on us. We bought some memory, took it to a computer professional, spybot, etc. We sent it back to compaq and they did a complete check and it wasnt anything that they could fix. After the first 218 MB memory upgrade it did goof for about 3 or 4 months. It sometimes freezes over 10 times a day and gets so bad that I dont even start it up sometimes. I am trying to finish up papers and what not because im graduationg this year but I cant with this computer. Alot of people say "well I guess you just got a bad apple, go and get a dell". Me nor my parents have the money for a new computer right now and I dont see why this one isnt working. Please someone with some expiernce give me some input. I have 736MB or ram installed right now and it freezed twice while registering for this website.

2. AAAAHHH

AAAAHHH

I'll probably sound stupid for this but honestly, just sounds to me like you need to remove the case, get a nice big fan and set it right there up next to your computer, cause it sounds like you're overheating. Either that or try switching your ram around (take one strip and put it in the other's slot, take that strip put it in the other slot).

Figured I'd just throw it out there...

3. Topazz

Topazz

I would be inclined to send it back to Compaq again before the warranty runs out.

Not sure what your laws are like over there but here everything needs to be "fit for the purpose of which it is designed" and a computer that constantly freezes is NOT normal and it would have to be put right or a replacement provided.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/360859