1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

I don't know why my laptop isn't working

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Rintohsaka125, Nov 6, 2019.

1. Rintohsaka125

Rintohsaka125 Thread Starter

I have a msi apache pro laptop, Windows 10 installed. Today it has started completely freezing, I cannot move the mouse or type anything, and anything that was loading just freezes too. I ran a clean install so now sometimes it works for a little first.

I ran a disk check to see if it was my hard drive, but it returned with no errors found. Booting it in safe mode and troubleshooting also returns no errors. I also tried a sfc/scannow but the laptop simply froze before the verification phase was even over. In the little time I had I also checked task manager, nothing was over 12 percent there either. No extra devices were connected, and it's definitely not the power supply as it still freezes even when not plugged in. Not even disabling programs that automatically start on boot fixed it.

I'm honestly at the end of my rope here. I have no idea what is wrong, because everything I check shows that there should be no issue. Please help if you can

2. Fireflycph

Fireflycph

First Name:
    Morten
    I don't know if this is your issue or not. But it could be overheating. Though normally when I've seen that the machine will just reset itself after working for a few minutes.

You could download one of the free apps to monitor the temp of the system. ALso make sure that all vents are cleaned and free of dust.

3. johnmaina0416

johnmaina0416

I think your machine is overheating and the fan isn't in a position to cool it down. You can either download the free tools for temp monitoring or try replacing the fan

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1235333

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice