I don't understand

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Seth13

I figured this would be the best area to post this considering its the games portion and I'm interested in 3D performance.

Computer Specs:
Pentium 4 3.2GHz
X1900XT
2GB DDR2 533
Seagate(I think) 160GB 7200RPM

When I run 3Dmark05 I'm getting a score around 7100, but when I look at revews on the X1900XT, they recieve scores around 9.8k. I don't understand what my problem is. I know my CPU isn't the fastest, but it should not bottleneck my GPU by 2000+ points... Could someone help me determine what the problem is?

I have Catalyst 7.1 Drivers, DirectX9.0c.:(

Only things off the top of my head...

Is your RAM running in duel channel mode?

And maybe those people are running 10,000 RPM hard drives instead of 7,200? I could see that possibly making a difference.

Seth13

How do I check if its running in Dual Channel mode? I'm using 4x512 BTW

Download CPU-Z (http://www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php) and check the memory tab.

It should say duel or single channel. If it says single channel, check your BIO's settings on start up. In your RAM options, you should be able to switch it between single or duel channel... But that depends on the motherboard and RAM.

Just something to check I suppose.

Seth13

What Catalyst drivers would you guys reccomend? I'm using 7.1 which are the newest, but i'm sure they aren't the fastest.

Not sure =(....

One more idea!

In your Catalyst settings, is there an Over Drive option? I know some ATI cards have that as like a software over clocking feature.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online