I dont wanna go back.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

skyhawk_355

When I click "back" with either the left thumb button on mouse or the back icon on the toolbar I have to do it 2-3 times to get it to work. It also seems to not be getting the page from pc mem but reloading it each time. Am also seeing failure to display ads on this site but have not turned them off.
Skyhawk_355

edit: Have also found that "back" will work if done 3 times. The 1st 2 times the same page remains. If I was just smarter, I wouldn't be so ignorant.

yeah i get that too, it's really annoying eh! i think inbetween the "backs" theres an ad or something? or it's a page that's supposed to load the ads. i guess theres nothing we can do about it until they have enough money to turn off the ads.

If this is happening only on certain sites - some sites load a page twice or more so that back doesn't appear to work. You can often see this set-up by hitting the down arrow by BACK and see that the same page is listed there and that one hit won't take you back where you think you are going.

It is annoying but they set it up like that and your PC is doing what it is supposed to do.

If you are getting this on every site then I would suspect another problem and I am as lost as you are on that one and will have to wait to hear from resident experts on the matter.

- Castleheart
:cool:

the "page" inbetween on tsg is called www.burstnet.com/cgi-bin/ads/ba5

when im browsing normally, the top ad doesnt appear, but says that the page can't be displayed. but the bottom one appears. but when i'm submitting a post (ie right now), i can see the top ad, but the bottom ad is now says that the page cannot be displayed.

I think that indeed it happens with some sites but it's pretty normal.
Does it really happen with all the sites?

Cammi....what do you mean the page inbetween is "blahblahblah"?

Are you saying that one hit on your BACK button takes you to an inbetween page?
Right now while replying, my down-arrow BACK will take me back one page to the thread I was reading, just like it should.

I don't follow.

:confused: - C

I think.....
therefore,
I am confused!

yes that's right! it mainly happens on this website... i mean, even if i'm just looking at threads and i want to go back to the previous page i was looking at, i have to click back twice or thrice.

burstnet is a ad company and they are the ones making your back button working the way it is.

I use netscape and everything works ok and only have to click once to get back here. But I don't have ads here either.
Now with netscape and I think IE you can click the back and forward or also the arrow that is right next to it. If you click the arrow you see up to the last 10 pages I think so just skip back what ever many pages you need to, to get back where you was.

:eek: :eek: :eek: Not the dreaded THRICE!

Seems to me, something is messing with yo Back! You probably oughta do a Spybot/adware thing and look for what is.

I am still curious (with Cam and Sky) as to whether the "back list" is accurate (in that the very last entry is where you are going to go if you click BACK) or if it appears normal but your button takes you elsewhere.

"I's just gotsta know!"

- C

skyhawk_355

Ok will do spybot-adaware stuff & re-post This started after replacing h/d & re-installing ie6 win98 se & most progs that were in use on old drive. May be day or so to reply here, werkin 12 hr night shifts this wk. will rejoin the world this weekend lol.

Thanks 4 replies y'all

Skyhawk:cool:w/safety glasses

skyhawk_355

Woohoo!! 3 days off work! :D

Hi folks,
I ran spybot s&d, d/l, updated, & ran adaware, & turned off firewall, but still get same results. The ads still show as "The page cannot be displayed" sometimes. I am thinking it is in my settings somewhere but don't know where. Its not a big thing, it just used to work correctly. I'm sort of a nut for stuff continuing to work as expected. Hmm, maybe pc isn't good hobby for me,,, lol.

bassetman

Moderator (deceased) - Gone but never forgotten
I think it may be lag on the part of tSG when it is busy.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online