1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

I dropped my HP and it won't charge

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Paata01, Jan 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Paata01

Paata01 Thread Starter

hey guys, please help. I dropped my HP G72 and it wont charge, I just bought and replaced Power Jock, but the same.. even light is not blinking, I think it should be Charger and not power jack, unfortunately I don't have second HP to check, what it may be, I tried with and without battery but problem still exists.

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    Not sure what you mean by, "replaced Power Jock". Are you referring to the power jack on the computer?

If you dropped the laptop while the charger was plugged in, there is a possibility that you damaged the power jack on the laptop and/or the soldered connections between the jack and the motherboard.

3. Paata01

Paata01 Thread Starter

I bought New Power Jack and replaced old one, but still not charging, I think charger should have problem. when pressing power button Power light blinks

4. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    You didn't say how high and how hard of a fall your laptop took, so it's my guess some internal damage is the problem and not the battery/charger.

--------------------------------------------------------------

5. Paata01

Paata01 Thread Starter

OK, let me explain, I did replaced Power Jack, I tried another charger, so power jack and charger is OK. there should be some problem on Motherboard, and I want to know, what it may cause on motherboard.

6. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    If the fall managed to damage the power jack on the motherboard, it is possible that the stress placed on the jack to damage it, could have also damaged copper traces on the motherboard. Did the motherboard look like it had any damage, like lifted solder pads, in the area of the jack?

7. Paata01

Paata01 Thread Starter

No absolutely nothing, motherboard looks like new, there was not damage in the area of power jack, I was 90% sure that power jack was dead, but unfortunately something else, happened and I am trying for 5 hours figure out, definitely, HDD won't be dead, or rams....there is problem with power, If I Press Power Button, that small energy light blinks, Battery is dead, so it can't start..

8. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    There must be more internal damage if the charger and power jack (this is the power socket that the power supply lead plugs into, yes ?) are ok. It should power up without the battery. I think the flashing light is a warning that something more is wrong inside the laptop.

Some of the copper tracks are very thin and easily damaged, I would examine the area around the power jack/socket very carefully, on top and underneath.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1085205

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice