Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

I dunno if this is a virus

661 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Cookiegal 
#1 ·
Hi, starting from yesterday night I've been getting these hits from my Kerio Firewall where a bunch of nowheres try to connect to my "Task Scheduler Engine" and the application involved on my PC is c:/Programs/WINNT/system32/mstask.exe
I've scanned the file using Norton AntiVirus but it was not identified as a virus. I tried to quarantine it but even after the quarantine there's still hits from my Kerio Firewall.
Also, at the same time I've found a Download.Trojan virus in my PC and I've deleted it. I am not sure if there is any connection between the Trojan virus and mstask.exe.
As I am a total idiot in computers, can someone tell me if this is a virus and what should I do with it. I would greatly appreciate any help.

#3 ·
Hi Innewton and welcome to TSG!

I don't know if there's a connection but I think you should download Hijack This and post a scan for the experts to look at.

Please do this. Click http://www.majorgeeks.com/downloadget.php?id=3155&file=3&evp=3304750663b552982a8baee6434cfc13 to download Hijack This. Save it to it’s own folder (not temporary files). Click on the Hijackthis.exe.

Close all open windows and open HijackThis. Click “Scan”. When the scan is finished (it only takes a second), the scan button will change to “Save Log”. Click on “Save Log” and save it to NotePad. Copy the entire log and paste it here.

DO NOT FIX ANYTHING YET, most items that appear in the log are harmless or even needed. Wait for someone to analyze the scan and advise.

Cookie

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.