I.E. 6.0.2 Problems

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

az6024283313

Hi. I have a 1.8gHz with 512MB ram and broadband connection. I had some problems with IE and reset the internet settings using the toolbar-->Tools-->reset.... At the current moment my internet options are only accessible via the control panel or a right-click on the icon; I get a locked out message that says talk to the system admin; which I am :rolleyes: , and I can only get a few pages up or a few links and I get the send error report and the OCA says that it is due to 3rd party browser extentions. MS has given me a peronal hot fix for this problem. :mad: I have a reghack that will help me to reinstall IE but i think that I might need to down grade my Spybot S&D to the 1.3 again... and the Ad-Aware to the 1.05 rather than the 1.06 because both can lock the home page and other items.... If you know about this please let me know... NONE of the Microsoft KB articles help... :mad: As far as the error message, I cant get the message because I am doing this at work...

So what is the "precise" problem. If you need to reset your TCP/IP settings, you can do so by going to start -> run -> cmd:

>netsh int ip reset

You should not have to downgrade Ad-Aware and SpyBot because of IExplorer.
Let me know if this helps...

az6024283313

Nope. that is not the prob. I have run all the commands that I have listed on my work site. That is what I do for a living is support items like this to a point. Also the command to work correctly without any problems needs to be this way: "netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt"

I really don't like bickering about details, but actually the command will work correctly the way I have stated. If you pass it "filename.txt" as a command line parameter, the script will log its actions in a log file named "filename.txt." This logging feature is not necessary for the script to function properly.

But back to the original problem at hand, if the problem is IE 6.0.2 acting up, it sounds like you either need to reinstall it or switch to a different browser (I recommend firefox). If you keep getting those annoying error messages that close the application, usually it's a software driver issue. Unfortunately taking Microsoft's approach of uninstalling / reinstalling is usually the only way to fix these problems.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online