I E browser changed to lycos?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Golfpak2001

I've always had I.E. as my browser and when I went into it just now, Lycos was the search page. Huh? I tried to reset the I.E. to the default browser and it says it did but Lycos is still the browser. I went to search>files and folders>internet prefs. and tried to change it there but there is no IE in there. I tried to d/l it again and it says a newer version is already in here. What happened? I know this is a simple task cause I've done it before, but now I'm stumped. Any ideas? Thanks guys.

BTW-I have XP home.

Golfpak2001

Forget it guys, I figured it out. Hijack is a beautiful thing.

Any mods here can just delete this thread. Thanks

Not sure if I fully understand. IE opens correctly yes? But you are having trouble with your Home/Search page being changed, yes?
Right click IE icon/properties change home page there.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts