1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

I.e. <noframes>

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by JoeBoxer5587, Jan 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoeBoxer5587

JoeBoxer5587 Thread Starter

Okay, this has been pissing me off for a long time (plz dont ban me just for saying that, but anything less wouldn't properly portray my deep resentment about this problem). I have an Athalon XP, got it for christmas, product number PCV-RXA842(at least i think thats the product#). I'm not totally computer illiterate, but then again i'm not that great at it. We have Bellsouth DSL and are using a LANbridge, my dad's comp is the host for the internet, and we have the firewall, ZoneAlarm, set up.

First off, even w/ the old family computer, certain sites wouldn't load, even major ones like www.yahoo.com . which is still the case w/ the new comp, so it must be the firewall on the other comp. I've tried most everything i can think of, changing the different settings on the firewall, but still no cigar. the front page of yahoo loads, but it wont do anything past that.

Now for the real reason i'm posting...I have been playing the card game euchre online a lot now on www.flipside.com/hoyle/euchre.asp , and they hold tourneys for various leagues. some are open to the public, but others are league only. the two leages i've gotten the addy for are both not able to load. I click the link/type it in the browser, and it never finishes loading. i rightclick it and view the source code and it is like this (will use {'s instead of <'s for safty sake). I want to be able to join a league so i know i'll be able to have a partner for a tourney, one that i've played with before.

one such site is: www.myleague.com/palaceeuchre/

the source code i am able to recieve:

I've tried upgrading I.E. to the new v6, but that didn't work, and neowin.net wont load on this comp, couldn't find anything in the faq's on microsoft's sites, and havn't been able to get any help anywhere else i've tried. so i came here. Any help you can offer will be greatly appreciated.

2. JoeBoxer5587

JoeBoxer5587 Thread Starter

did the windows update scan thing. found 11 critical updates LOL! tried after i finished installing those and restarting and still didn't work. I asked a friend about it when he finally came online, he gave the diagnosis of that the site probably using java to check what browser you use and that i.e. needs an update in order to do java on winxp. so, i had already downloaded the internet explorer 6 sp1 prior to my first post, and so i went to download any other patches off of the ie website. i downloaded the cumalitive patch from december'02. it gave the options on the side of 32 bit, 64 bit, then the sp1 download which i already had. i tried the 32 bit one, but after it was finished downloading and i tried to install it, it said that i first needed to have ie 6.0 sp1 already installed which it is. tried the 64bit one but that one didn't work at all. tried all of em on the side then, and none of them worked. all of them (except 64bit) all said that i needed internet explorer 6.0 to be installed (or 5.5 sp2 installed for the last one)

so, it seems that nothing is able to detect the browser i'm using,

3. Libra

Libra

Joe,
    It's my understanding that after the lawsuit with Sun, M$ hasn't put java on their machines. I did a search with Google and came up with this post:

http://groups.google.com/[email protected]&rnum=2

"Microsoft have reinstated the running of Java
    programs in IE 6 for Windows XP. Should work
    just as well under Windows 98.

Download the Microsoft Java Virtual Machine
    (msjavx86.exe) from
    http://www.dreamscape.co.kr/bbs/bbs.cgi?db=3

Here is the exact link. Unfortunately the other links
    are not presently working or have expired.

http://www.dreamscape.co.kr/bbs/data/3/msjavx86.exe

msjavx86.exe (5.24 MB)"

There are more links and more information at that page. Also, there is a setting in IE Security re IFrames - I have the first one set at prompt and the second one disabled. I don't know if that's the frames your error message is referring to.

Good luck.

Sincerely, Libra

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/115971

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice