I finally have Mozilla and a new problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

imdez

I have WinXP and AOL...

I installed Mozilla Firefox and kept IE for updates, etc. Now when I try to access a site from AOL I get a message saying page not found. I get this message on my preset favorites also (I can't even access YOUR site from AOL). Is this normal or do I need to reconfigure something?

I kept IE as my default browser but when I chose Mozilla as the default I still couldn't access sites that I previously accessed. What should I do :confused:

I can access everything from Mozilla :D

AOL has promised to tailor its next release (presumably AOL 10) towards Mozilla but I suggest you Google the words AOL and Mozilla and read the montains of written word there is on the subject.

Presumably Mozilla needs configuring to allow cookies, ActiveX, etc.

imdez

I'll do that right now. It never occurred to me that AOL might not accept a browser other than IE...

imdez

WOW There really is a mountain of info on this subject. In your opinion, do you think it's worth the wait? I guess what I want to know is, are there any ISP's that already accept Mozilla as a browser and if so which ones?

I can't have a valid opinion on Mozilla becauase I've never used it mainly because I'm with AOL as well and it's quite complete on its own. Anecdotally Mozilla is quite adequate but I wonder why you feel the need for yet another browser.

Perhaps copy and paste your favorite addys back into the aol addy favourites folder-should be one..?

redoak

Gone but never forgotten
Go to AcmeNet.net for an ISP that I have found very satisfactory, esp.their "TurboNet" feature that has given me very fast browsing on my modem, unenhanced tel line. Personally, I wouldn't have AOL or MSN, having had terrible experience with the latter early on. I do not use AN's "mail;" it is very unfriendly compared to Yahoo, for examplre. "One man's opinion."

I have Mozilla, and the only problem has been it's turning off when I don't use the browser for several minutes; e.g., reading a newspaper article on-line. I have been advised to try changing my "profile," as the problem is not endemic.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online