I Forgot My Password to my Outlook account

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

SyrenOfficial2

Hello! So, i forgot my e-mail password for outlook, and when i tried to use their password reset, it didn't work, because they claimed that they couldn't 'verify that the account belonged to me'. I could use some help, and an easier way to reset my password! Thanks so much!
-A frustrated gamer

SyrenOfficial2

This was their reply:
We recently received a request to recover your Microsoft account. Unfortunately, we were unable to verify your ownership of this account using the information you provided. Microsoft takes the security and privacy of our customers very seriously, and our commitment to protecting your personal information requires that we take the utmost care in ensuring that you are the account owner.

Please submit a new account verification form
At this point, your best option is to submit a new form with as much accurate information as you can gather. The more information you can include in the form, the better the chance you’ll have of regaining access to your account. We’ve included a few tips below to help you fill out the form as completely and accurately as possible.

TerryNet

Terry
I've never had to use Microsoft's "forgot password" procedure but I'm pretty sure it's the simple and common one in which they will send an "unlock" code to the email or SMS (text) address that you have on file. Only if you have neglected to enter a current and valid address would you have to go to the account verification form route. And, for that, we do not have the necessary accurate (or even inaccurate) information about you.

I could use some help, and an easier way to reset my password!
I find the "receive a code" via text or email to be quite quick and easy, and know of no easier procedure. And, if there is one, the service provider (in your case Microsoft) would have to supply it.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online