1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

I forgot my password

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by franktheboat, Oct 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. franktheboat

franktheboat Thread Starter

I just upgrade my PC from window 98 to 2000, and it has been challenging me for a password that I don't know. Please tell me what to do! I try to go to the setup. it didn't work and the CMOS Pin( the three little by CMOS battery) does not have a jumper.
    I'm counting in your help.
    Thanks in advanced,
    Frank

2. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

Is this a BIOS password you are being prompted for or a Win2k Login password?

I don't know why you would suddenly get a prompt for a BIOS password, but just try removing the cmos battery for about a minute or so and that should clear that and reset the defaults.

3. Miz

Miz

If it's a Windows password it's asking for and if you didn't set one up during the install, entering the user name (if not already displayed) and then clicking on OK (or pressing the Enter key on the keyboard) should get you in.

4. franktheboat

franktheboat Thread Starter

I know the bios password. It is the Window login password that I don't know. And whenever I click OK or Enter, it started to login and then go back and still challenge me for the password.
    Thanks Guys, I really appreciate it

Frank

5. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/170166

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice