1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

I get stuck on windows installation

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by rokas000, Dec 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rokas000

rokas000 Thread Starter

Hi. I started to install windows. Did full format for all partitions. When computer was copying files (dark blue screen, long yellow bar) from setup few failed to copy at 97th%, disk is a little bit scratched. Everything kept going fine till the end. At the last step of installation "saving setting" I stuck on. When tryed restart computer and insert another disk of windows to install computer just normaly booted and opened that installation with reading "setup is being restarted" then everything started again and stucked on "saving settings" again. How do I can format hard disk and start with good disk from the beginning?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1029935

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice