1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

I got a present. NFS:MW

Discussion in 'Games' started by Skivvywaver, Nov 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Skivvywaver

Skivvywaver Thread Starter

I got NFS Most Wanted from my sis in law. She is so cool. I worked on her machine a few weeks ago and wouldn't take any money from her. I guess my wife must have told her I wanted the game.

It rocks, I like the NFS series better than just about anything else and EA has done a fair job of making each one different. I had the demo and had played it to death. Now I got something that should take some real time.(y)

2. Rukee

Rukee Banned

sweet!!
    I really liked the demo too, sept for the blur effect they got going on, but it looks cool anyway.

3. Skivvywaver

Fix the blur tweak:

Open regedit and navigate to

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\EA GAMES\Need for Speed Most Wanted Demo

Find "g_MotionBlurEnable", doubleclick it and change the value from 1 to 0.

4. Rukee

Rukee Banned

It would be 1000 times better if only the most closest objects had the blur effect. Would give a better feeling of speed I think.

5. Skivvywaver

The game is still new to me. I have motion blur disabled with the reg hack. I might eventually turn it back on, hell I don't know yet.

The game is fun to me because it is new, and I like the racing genre and especially the NFS series since NFS Hot Persuit 2.

I liked the others but they don't do very well on XP. I have a 98 partition on this machine but that might not last long. This machine is too fast for 98 gaming. I have tried quite a few frame limiters but they just don't work right. Redneck Rampage is the only dos game I have that wants to play at normal speed on this machine without hacking it.

Having a 20 gigabyte partiton for 1 game just isn't making much sense to me right now.:( I might just resize the partiton instead of deleting it. I really haven't made up my mind yet.

6. Super-D-38

Super-D-38

The game is sweet, I just installed it today.. My system will struggle a bit, but at "med" detail and 800X600 it does all right.. I like the chases, and the day time driving.

One down side, my Thrustmaster digital wheel won't work with it..
    The game will see it, but it's grouping the (z) both peddles together.. And the Gas is always on.. So I'm stuck with the keyboard until I can get a newer wheel.

Yes I had to cheat with a trainer.. I'm just sick of the race after race, of $2000.
    When all the good parts are like $5000+.. So I cheated with money..
    I think the AI knows how fast my car is.. Early races shouldn't be this hard.. :rolleyes:

I'll try without the blurr and see if it helps my system speed..

7. Skivvywaver

:D I have played every NFS game with a sidewinder game pad. I have an old wheel here but it is just too much bother for me to hook it up, unhook it, find a place to stash it out of the way. I used it on NFSU for awhile and just got tired of dealing with it so it went in the closet never to return.

The game is sweet and my machine will only play it with detail at 1024x768. If I go higher I have to start cutting down on the details or get frame rates in the 50's. I have found the sweet spot for my machine. I am sure the guys with 7800GTX cards are cranking it up but I am not buying a card yet. My 6800GT and I are going to skip this generation. The price they want for cards only allows me to upgrade every 2 years without feeling like I am taking food and clothes off my family.

Oh well, as long as I can play I have no grief. It may turn out by the time I upgrade DX 10 will be out.:eek: Then I would have a good excuse. "Honey, my card isn't compliant". :p

8. Super-D-38

Super-D-38

Yeh, I can play OK with the keyboard.. Never got used to the "SideWinder" joy-stick..
    For flight games it was fun, but I can't drive with it..

I like the wheel for the fact you can drive at any speed, not just full throttle, like a key press has.

That alone would alow for passing of cops at the speed limit, then "floor" it and go..
    Oh well, It worked on the other NFS games, just not this one.

I will need a new card too, mine is getting close to the minimum now for good games.
    But, car repairs are needed, so the system will need to wait..

9. Skivvywaver

Not a joystick, the game pad. I have a sidewinder joystick also but I don't think I could drive with it. The gamepad is easy, I figure a joystick would be very rough.

10. Super-D-38

Super-D-38

Oh sorry, I misunderstood.. I'd like to get the adapter for my PS2 controller.. I've got many hours racing with that controller.. Gran Turismo 1,2, and 3.. Plus the first 4 NFS games. (y)

11. Skivvywaver

Ya know, allot of people use the PS controller with the computer and swear by it. I have never been much of a console gamer so I guess the sidewinder was easy for me to adjust to. They are cheap also, I bought 2 of them about 3-4 years ago at $19 each. Tough boogers too, mine ain't destroyed yet.

Only problem is, mine are so old they have to be USB 1. I notice no lag or sloppy play from them so I'll keep them.

I don't know what a PS2 to PC converter costs, but it can't be much. If that is what you like to use you should get one.

12. Super-D-38

Super-D-38

Yeh, I'll look into it.. Hey, know any other tweaks for this game..
    I'm trying not to cheat here, but these races are real hard..
    My cars are maxed (what's unlocked any way) and still the others will pull away..

I find myself using the " instant ??? MPH" cheat more and more just to keep up.
    The only cheat I've used, (other than the instant MPH) is $1 mill. and 1 mill. points.

I see in the registry there is a value for "performance level" any idea what that is?.. Mine is at 4..

Any way to "dumb" down the AI a bit?..
    I know in NFS Under Ground 2.. If you didn't have nitro, you opponents didn't use it..
    Seems so here, but these cars are faster than their stats would show..

I'm all for a challenge but, sheesh, full throttle all the way. Hit the breaks once and you get passed..

13. Armless

Armless

I got mine installed like 2 days ago. I played since Need for Speed II was out. I didn't get all the Need for Speed game, but I liked the Underground 2 and Most Wanted the most because I'm a big fan of car modding. After reading some of the previous post I read that you can change the blurr effect on the demo is it possible for the retail version?

14. GripS

GripS

I just got my copy at thanksgiving. Brother in law works for EA and gave me a copy. The game is awesome and it supports my logitech rumble pad(looks just like a PS/2 controller). I was playing with the keyboard and noticed my game pad rumbling while i was playing. Just picked it up and continued playing without having to configure it whatsoever.

15. Skivvywaver

Yeah, it is the same path except you take the demo off.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\EA GAMES\Need for Speed Most Wanted

Find "g_MotionBlurEnable", doubleclick it and change the value from 1 to 0.

The only hassle I had with this was I couldn't get it to stick. I could change it, but it would change back.

The way I got it to stick was to change it, highlight it, then click file, export it to the desktop, reboot and then import the file to the registry.:rolleyes:

It stuck after that. ;)

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/417944

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice