i got them bios blues !!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Mad Mac

im running(was) XP Pro on an asus K8V SE Deluxe mobo, 200 gig sata hard drive, winfast A360 ,256mb ram. with 2 X 512 mb DDR400 and 300W power supply....
everything was working just fine till about a week ago when i started getting error messages about dll's that were missing.
so i backed everything up to disc and decided that it was time to reformat the 1 year old best. 7 if you count dog years...
any to get to the point i was updating the bios when everything went wrong all at the same time ! the bios didnt update the system hung (for what seamed like for ever)while searching the net for answers to my predicament. it happened!!!! a power loss everything went black ARGGGGG!!!!!.
when the power final came back on i switched the machine on the cd light flickers on the hard drive spins the floppy light does NOT come on even with a floppy in it.
ive tried putting the start up disc into the floppy without success all i got is a crt light flicking on and off.
ive searched the forums for what seems like an eternity and ive run out of single malt so im at the pleading for help stage. please please please anybody help before i go completely insane.....:eek: :eek: :eek: :(

alwrmc

B.L.
This is the point where I usually say "Never, ever, ever, ever!! run a computer without a UPS!"
But I'll refrain from that this time as most people feel it is never gonna happen to them. So onward and upward.....There is, if your story is accurate, the very real probability that the power failure during the BIOS update/flash has sent your BIOS to Valhalla. If so, the chances that you can recover it is very small. Check your motherboard manual (or website) to see if there is any way to reset the BIOS and try that. If the chip itself in fried, then I think you are a candidate for a new motherboard. If you need to purchase a new motherboard you should also purchase a UPS. Before you plug that new motherboard in you should also reread the first line of this post and commit it to memory. Spending $100-$150 on a UPS is $$$ well spent to protect the $$$ you have inside that computer case.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online