1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

I guess I'm dumber than a trained pig

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by coderitr, Sep 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. coderitr

coderitr Thread Starter

Now that I've got your attention ... :D

I was reading Dr. Emilio Bombay's online column today and ran across an article where someone asked about combining / resizing partitions in Windows. This is an excerpt from his response:

Yes, he's a smart-aleck (cleaned up for our younger participants) and that's generally why I read his column. It's often funny.

My question is, what is he talking about? I've never seen anything built into Windows by which I can resize a partition without destroying existing data. Have I missed something?

Thanks

[Edit]
    Oops, like a newbie I forgot to include my system specs:

120GB SATA hard drive partitioned as C: = 20GB; D: = remainder
    Intel P4 2.8 gHz
    256 MB RAM
    Windows XP Home Edition
    [/Edit]

2. mobo

mobo

Niether have I. I use partition magic and it works fine..

3. MysticEyes

MysticEyes Banned

I assume that's what he's saying... it can't be done.

4. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

You cannot resize partitions with disk management. You can create a partition in unallocated space and format, however that is not resizing your partition

I do all partitioning from win2k / xp setup so I cannot recommend any third party app.

5. bobol

bobol

......and, when it formats you are losing that data there. For me too, PM8 is one tool to use that, having a user-friendly interface makes this particular task easy to do.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/272578

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice