1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

I guess its a video problem or an update maybe

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Mikelove, Dec 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Mikelove

Mikelove Thread Starter

Basic Info.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 2.20GHz, x86 Family 15 Model 2 Stepping 7
    Processor Count: 1
    RAM: 991 Mb
    Graphics Card: SiS 661FX, 32 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 57268 MB, Free - 47764 MB; G: Total - 953634 MB, Free - 609655 MB;
    Motherboard: MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO., LTD, MS-7060, ,
    Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

I have been working and reading information about my problem for 8 days now. I got this system from a friend the other day , All the information above is the same except when i got it it ahd windows xp home.
    the system was eat up with junk and thought the best way to fix the whole system was to wipe it clean and put a fresh copy of windows on it. All i have here is a Windows xp Pro, so i used it. The install went fine but when everything was done there were no sound devices or video cards found in the device manager. i let windows do all the updates and still no sound and it was not detecting the video card. the on board video was working but very poorly. I was able to find a realtek driver that brought the sound back, but i was never able to find the video card. I shut the cpu down and removed the extra video card and restarted. Let it restart and looked around for any changes,. there were none so i shut it down again. i reinstalled the video card and plugged the mon. into it. Started the cpu up and the screen never came up. After reading the information at the Micro Star site i tried again and this time i went into the bios and changed it over to reconize the agp slot, still nothing. I went to the ati site and downloaded the driver package they recommended and it would not install because there was no hardware found. So i gave up on the extra video card , but it was working before the reinstall of windows , so i dont know. now i was going to work on getting the onboard graphics looking better so i went a downloaded the new SiS 661fx drivers, wow, that done wonders . now the graphics look alot better, This was on Dec, 23 and on Dec. 24, and 25 windows updated all this.

Microsoft . NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 2
    KB958481
    .NET Framework Pre Xp
    Dr. Watson
    .NETFramework ASP. NET
    .NET Framework 2
    .NET Framework CA

I can screen shot if you need to see them all, but here is some more of the big ones

Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 Service Pack 2
    Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1
    Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile
    Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Extended

So now that all of these have been added the pc is running real sluggish on my graphics again and i can't seem to find a fix this time. Tell me what info you need and i will find it, i really need to get this fixed asap. need to work.

Please help me get the extra video card to work , or get the graphic like they were before the updates. Stupid me turned off the restore when i put the new windows in so i cant roll back and it says i cant uninstall the updates so i dont know what to do. Thanks for any and all help.

2. D-Berd

D-Berd

3. Mikelove

Mikelove Thread Starter

[​IMG]

i dont know if this worked oor not

4. D-Berd

D-Berd

you can upload an attachment by clicking the
    "Go Advanced" button at the bottom of the reply window of this forum.
    Once on the Advanced reply look up at the tool bar and you will see a small
    paper clip. click on it and it will show you a option to upload the file from your
    computer. You can click brows and select the file to upload.

5. Mikelove

Mikelove Thread Starter

[​IMG] how do you post the pics

6. D-Berd

D-Berd

An attachment would be considered a pic. Follow the instructions in my last post. If you still have problems let me know.

7. Mikelove

Mikelove Thread Starter

ok got ch sorry

8. Mikelove

Mikelove Thread Starter

9. D-Berd

D-Berd

All I see in device manager is a problem with the raid controller, but you can fix that later.

Try this...Shut down the pc and install the agp card. then go into bios and disable the onboard video. Reboot the pc and try to install the agp card again. If windows doesn't detect the card then go to control panel and look for the add hardware icon and and click on it to open. look for the card. If it doesn't work do this.

Get the name and model number of the video card, then take a screenshot of the device manager again. I would like to see what it looks like with the card installed.

10. Mikelove

Mikelove Thread Starter

have already tried reinstalling the card lots of times , and it never shows up in the device manager. and alos with the othe card the screen is just black it never even comes on even though the you can hear the windows sounds in the back ground. I put the card in my buddies system this morning and it picked right up on it , worked perfectly. Its an older card but it still works good. This system wont even reconize the card. I even disabled the onboard graphics in the bios and it still didnt work

11. Mikelove

Mikelove Thread Starter

The card is an old Rage 128 , i tried installing the driver and it says there is no hardware to match.

12. D-Berd

D-Berd

You're confusing me....... If the onboard video card is disabled in bios and you have the monitor hooked up to the agp card, you are saying the card is not recognized but you're still seeing video?

13. Mikelove

Mikelove Thread Starter

Do you have to have all them updates listed in my first post or can i reinstall windows and just not allow those updates

14. Mikelove

Mikelove Thread Starter

After i disabled and tried to use the vidio card , i could never get the moniter to come on , so i un hooked the video card and plugged back into the onboard and now i am back to square 1 the video i am using right now is the on board graphics. sorry i have a hard time explaining things i confuse alot of people.

15. Mikelove

Mikelove Thread Starter

Now that i am hooked back up to the onboard graphics , the other video card is still in the slot, but the pc does not see it.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/970794

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice