I had IE disabled on Windows 10 But Now . .

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

autumn1962

I disabled Internet Explorer on Windows 10 about a year and a half ago. Everything was fine and it didn't automatically open on boot up. Two days ago it started opening upon start up even though it is still disabled. What can I do to prevent it from opening? It is very annoying.
Thank you,
Joy

IE does not open automatically, you must have a shortcut to it in your startup folder. /AppData/Roaming/Microsoft/Windows/Start Menu/Programs/Startup

Usually this happens when a MS CU (cumulative update) is involved or some kind of other MS update.

Couriant

James
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
To remove Internet Explorer, you would want to remove it from the Optional Features.

In the Search bar start typing Features and select Manage Optional Features.

Select Internet Explorer and then Uninstall.

Note: I don't believe Windows will allow you to reinstall it... at least it didn't for me.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online