Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

I HATE Scanners!

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  lightnb 
#1 ·
If you couldn't tell from the title of my post, I am having a problem with my scanner. (In fact I have NEVER been able to get a scanner working).

I have a UMAX Austra 2200, which connects Via USB.

When I attached it, Windows Installed the driver, then said "your new hardware is attached and ready to use". I restarted the system for good measure.

When it came back up, I tried to use it. I used the import function on photoshop. It gave me the scan options, and I clicked OK. The scanner did nothing, and photoshop imported a solid black document.

When I run the diagnostics, (right clicked on the scanner in my computer> properties) it came back in less than a second, and said the scanner test was successful. (even though it still did nothing.)

I tried to go to the Manufacturers site, but they don't support it. (they want you to buy a CD-rom with their drivers, and then wait two weeks for them to ship it.)

Any help is appreciated.

Nick Rahl

See less See more
#3 ·
#6 ·
Thanks. (I love the UK trick)

I ran the Win XP Update for Vista Scan, and then ran the scanner test again. This time the scanner test was successful.

When I used import in Photoshop, I had two options "WIA-UMAX Austra 2200(USB)" and "VistaScan32 V. 3.55"

When I selected the first, it did nothing like before. When I used Vista Scan, It scaned the image, but all that showed up was a smeared rainbow (very similar to what the Windows custom color picker looks like, only smudged).

Anyone know why it's doing this?

Nick Rahl

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.