1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

i hate the updated chrome

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by bigdan, May 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigdan

bigdan Thread Starter

Before I complain about the updates to Chrome let me ask a question or two about how to deal with the issues that existed and still exist.

When I add a folder (say, 'School') to an existing folder (say, 'Emails') which has say 200 bookmarks, the School folder goes all the way at the bottom. Then moving it all the way to the top is time consuming. I cant imagine Google would design it so ineffectively so I'm wondering if I'm missing something? Also if I open the Emails folder and I want to find something near the bottom I'll have to scroll through those 200 bookmarks. Is there some way to go right to the end, or page down?

Now, there seems to be an update which has affected the way interface for when I bookmark, and the bookmark manager. WHen I used to press Ctrl-D it would give me the option of like 5-10 folders, plus I could choose to maximize the folder list and choose from there. Now it only gives me one. If I want to choose some other folder than the last one used, it requires multiple extra clicks.

For example if I press Ctrl-D right now I see "Add to folder" and then below it I only see "Cooking". If I click the Add 2 Folder dropdown I see 3 folders there, Bookmarks Bar and 2 others, and everything is under Bookmarks Bar. THEN once I click on Bookmarks Bar, I have to scroll through all the folders there, but I can only see 3 at a time! Like, this is a nightmare.

Someone pleaaase help!

Thanks
    Dan

EDIT - Oh I forgot to add the issue that caused me to write this in the first place. So in the Emails folder that had 200 bookmarks I just searched for 'Reddit' (via the updated Bookmark Manager). But it doesnt give me results only within this folder, its showing me all bookmarks everywhere. How do I restrict it to this folder? Doesnt seem possible. It used to be before this darn update!

2. TonyB25

TonyB25 Banned

Chrome sorts bookmarks alphabetically.

When adding another bookmark, select Choose Another Folder, and pick the folder you want to save it in.

3. bigdan

bigdan Thread Starter

well yes that's what I'm doing, but my point was, what used to be one step is now like 3-4 steps.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1147605

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice