1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

I hate this......

Discussion in 'Site Help, Feedback, & Announcements' started by bkatz540, Apr 7, 2004.

Advertisement
  1. bkatz540

bkatz540 Thread Starter

Well....just logged in and saw the new layout....it looks very kewl..but for some reason it feels cramped....am I the only one who doesn't like the update?

2. angelize56

angelize56 Always remembered in our hearts

Yep you're it! :eek: :D

3. oldie

oldie

You sure are - progress is progress :D

Angel - Ducks :D (Ask Penny :D )

4. hewee

hewee

Your get used to it.
    Was a big change on all of us because this upgrade was more then just looks but how things work for us, but most are used to it or getting used to it and love it.

5. Schnitzu

Schnitzu

So far, I like it. I have to re-learn a bunch of stuff, but that's no big deal.

6. smeegle

smeegle

In the old form there was an area where you could check for information by it's topic. What happened to that box or how do you look up things by topic now?

7. kath100

kath100

click on the Search pull down menu then click Advanced.
    :)
    Hi Hewee how you doing?

8. smeegle

smeegle

Thanks, kath100. This is great.

9. cybertech

cybertech Retired Moderator

Make your donation and loose the ads!! :D

10. hewee

hewee

Doing ok here Kath. :) How are you doing? :D

11. bkatz540

bkatz540 Thread Starter

Lol..interesting to see where this has gone..i havnt posted in awhile. Anyways....i am getting used to it! but i cant figure out how to do the smilies canu just use the keyboard--->;) did that wrk?

~Bkatz540

12. hewee

hewee

Yea it worked but I don't see in your Quote how you got the thumb up and the : ) and the line under it to show up. :confused:

13. hewee

hewee

OK I know now. :D
    You put it into the title box. ;)

EDIT:

(y) :)

They are not always showing up right in the title box.
    You have only one smilie showing up right and I have none.

14. bkatz540

bkatz540 Thread Starter

Yea...theres alot to learn now... :) (y)

15. jjb

jjb

:) and learning I am
    Overall from what I have seen, learned and discovered I love all the updates. It created a few minor glitches on my end which took me a little bit to figure out and I had to do some house cleaning in my user CP(something I guess all members should do from time to time). Nothing wrong with a little Spring cleaning :p

My profile pic was lost (maybe a godsend to some-LOL)
    I was swamped with thread notifications that I never got before. This led me to discover apparently I was subsrcibed to nearly every post I had participated in since becoming a member.................dunno why that showed up after the makeover and not before but I believe I have "unsubscribed" now and the notifications should be resolved. Actually it was kind of fun to look over some of my earlier posts............................it just made me realize the value of this site and what I have learned here in several years.

I love the ease of posting single images now and I think the photo album is new and also was a good idea and a needed addition. For some reason it doesn't seem to be getting the use I would have thought it would, but in the end I think it has its place and will free up space and time spent reading thru the threads of a more serious note. Kind of like a "random" for the picture buffs.

I also like the larger and bolder fonts.

I can think of only a few minor glitches which am still experiancing which could very well be on my end and maybe I can track down in my firewall or browser settings- they are as follows if anyone has any suggestions.

1. When I first log on thru my bookmark in favorites the page will not always open and I need to hit refresh before the page displays.

2. When page does initially display I get exclamation mark on taskbar saying "loaded with errors on page". Once I proceed from there this message goes away.

3. Smileys do not always work. Click on them to put in post and nothing happens.

So there you have it, my favorite changes I have discovered to date and the problems I have encountered to date. In my eyes a great site only got better.

As always my hat is off to Mike with much admiration and respect to him and all those involved (y)

jjb

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/218025

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice