i hate xp

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ertech

I recently installed software for my mp3 player/cell phone. after i installed the sofware it immediatly froze. After that i restarted and it didnt get past the xp boot screen, so i went into safe mode and it booted then immedialtley restarted. The sofware version i installed was for 2000 and nt operating systems. it didnt have an xp. should i have installed the version for 98?

please help
erick

Del suggestion is good, but what MP3 player was it?

Try using Windows XP's Compatibility mode, which allows XP to emulate older versions of Windows. Use Windows Help for details, but ask us if you need further assistance.

btw: I like WinAmp, which works great with XP.

Del

I don't think it's the mp3 player as much as the cell thing that is causing the problem, but never know til it's fixed.

Del,

I was not really sure how it related to XP, thanks.

btw: Ottawa is a very pretty city. Do they still allow ice staking on the canal? I use to support Simware's SimPC and A2B at my company for 12 years, until Simware was bought up by another company. I came to your fair city for a user conference and I was a guess speaker. Those were the days.

Del

Yup, they been out there skating on the Rideau for about the last 3 weeks. Kinda chilly last week thou, -38 C but at that range about the same a F.
Lived about 40 miles from DC when I was in the service, Stationed at Vint Hills Farms, near Fairfax.
Have a great one.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online