1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

i hate xp

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by ertech, Jan 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ertech

ertech Thread Starter

I recently installed software for my mp3 player/cell phone. after i installed the sofware it immediatly froze. After that i restarted and it didnt get past the xp boot screen, so i went into safe mode and it booted then immedialtley restarted. The sofware version i installed was for 2000 and nt operating systems. it didnt have an xp. should i have installed the version for 98?

please help
    erick

2. Del

Del

3. Dan O

Dan O

Del suggestion is good, but what MP3 player was it?

Try using Windows XP's Compatibility mode, which allows XP to emulate older versions of Windows. Use Windows Help for details, but ask us if you need further assistance.

btw: I like WinAmp, which works great with XP.

4. Del

Del

I don't think it's the mp3 player as much as the cell thing that is causing the problem, but never know til it's fixed.

5. Dan O

Dan O

Del,

I was not really sure how it related to XP, thanks.

btw: Ottawa is a very pretty city. Do they still allow ice staking on the canal? I use to support Simware's SimPC and A2B at my company for 12 years, until Simware was bought up by another company. I came to your fair city for a user conference and I was a guess speaker. Those were the days.

6. Del

Del

Yup, they been out there skating on the Rideau for about the last 3 weeks. Kinda chilly last week thou, -38 C but at that range about the same a F.
    Lived about 40 miles from DC when I was in the service, Stationed at Vint Hills Farms, near Fairfax.
    Have a great one.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/115578

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice