I have 16.0 GB of RAM but it only lets me use 7.97GB

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.
See a list on asrock site for your motherboard:
ASRock > 970M Pro3

Sort the list according to size, you probably want either 2x8 GB or 1x16 GB dual channel stick with low latency.
Your CPU: AMD FX-8120 Specs | TechPowerUp CPU Database

HyperX looks fine, but if you want to save some money, see of which brands are your current sticks, then find exact same sticks on that list (including same timings)

domash

Thanks, if I purchase two 16 GB sticks, can my processor handle it?

Sure, it can handle up to 64 GB, but to play games you don't need more than 16gb, except if you plan to play ultra large maps in some strategy games or if you're graphics designer, game developer or something like that.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
cpu.JPG

gpu.JPG

You have more graphics card than you need for that processor, so the graphics card may not run at its full potential.

I agree with zebanovich. 16 GB of RAM is sufficient.

---------------------------------------------------

Couriant

James
I left my note up and looks like there has been more posts :) I was going to mention that in your screenshot of the SPD tab you show both different speed and different ranks. Memory is not as interchangeable as we would want, plus the higher speed would be slowed to match the lower speeds.

As mentioned, you should always buy the same brand, model, and in pairs.

Good luck!

domash

Thank you, I will look around. THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR HELP! If this doesn't work, I'll be back ;)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online