1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

I have 2 recovery disks for vista 32bit

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Penny784, Jan 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Penny784

Penny784 Thread Starter

I have recovery disks for vista for my old hp pavilion entertainment PC but they WILL NOT work no matter how many times I have tried . Now what can I do? Is there anyway I cld by -pass them and recover windows with DOS. I am sick and tired of trying with the disks which take me through hours of waiting only to tell me at the end that the installation failed

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Just to make sure we don't overlook the "obvious": you can no longer boot to the Recovery partition, right?

You may be able to purchase a set of Recovery DVDs from HP.

Or borrow a Vista installation DVD from a friend, relative, work colleague.

3. Penny784

Penny784 Thread Starter

Thank you for your response . I have my own 2 recovery disks which came when i first bought the laptop and which I used once before but this time I get to the pre-install stage and then it blanks out. Vista was such an awful OS so I am taking the laptop to be repaired and have them install Win8. I can't see what else can be done.

4. SUEOHIO

SUEOHIO

First Name:
    SUE
    Before you decide to go with windows 8 make sure your computer is capable of running it.you might be happier with windows 7 as its been out a long time and any problems it had have been mostly worked out by now.of course check to see if your model of computer even has windows 7 drivers available for it.if theres no windows 7 drivers for it i dont think windows 8 will be a viable option either.

5. Penny784

Penny784 Thread Starter

Thanks for your reply. I feel comfortable with Win7 so will stay with that upgrade from Vista. I now have another problem. I bought a TOshiba Win 8 satellite laptop today which came with a French keyboard. I put language as English and keyboard as French but the @ key is the only key which will not work. It shares the 2 key which works fine but what the trick is to get the. @ key to work has been impossible to work out. Got any ideas?

6. SUEOHIO

SUEOHIO

First Name:
    SUE
    I would think if its brand new that you can either have it fixed or exchange it for one that works correctly.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1085343

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice