1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

I have 3 computers 2 work, 1 doesnt.

Discussion in 'Networking' started by rustyrocks, Sep 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rustyrocks

rustyrocks Thread Starter

Well i just got this new computer last christmas and every about 30 seconds or so the internet disconnects then attempts to reconnect on my computer. Not only that but the internet is very slow takes about 60 secs to load a page. I can't watch videos either because the video loads slowly and it doesn't even play. My other 2 computers have been working fine and this happened when I was out doing something then i came home and my internet on this computer was messed. Now I ran ad-aware virus scan which i have been using for a very long time. It said i had a bunch of cookies and w/e so i deleted them and i did another smart scan. Nothing came up. Help!

Edit: I'm using vista

2. Lykele

Lykele

I have a starting point you might want to try to see if you can eliminate some items causing the problem.

Start the computer in the Safe mode. Actually, you would select "Safe mode with networking"

Then startup the internet and see if you encounter the same problems. If not, then something is loading on a normal bootup and you might want to try looking at msconfig.

3. rustyrocks

Sure, Just one more thing i forgot to say before. My computer is doing random restarts... Like it'll will just shutdown and restart by itself then it says Windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown

4. rustyrocks

Ok I have gone to safe mode with networking and my internet is still connecting on and off and slow as heck.

5. Lykele

Lykele

As far as the internet goes is it possible to try another browser to see if that might be the problem?

Anytime I see a computer randomly shut itself down and the restart, I always look to see if it could be heat build up. Maybe you could look inside to make sure all the fans are running.

6. lara84

lara84

hey i think you using dial up connection , if you are in dial up connection , there is no option you should switch to broad band , if you are using broad band connection you just check up the hard ware , for vista minimum you have to use 1 GB ram then only it ill be fast try it out it first

---------------------------------------
    Lara
    http://www.sreevyshcorp.in

7. rustyrocks

Im using wireless internet and it works fine wirelessly to 2 computers but not to 1.

Nope my fan is fine

Ok Whenever my computer restarts from randomly shutting down, the window that says windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown says this when i click problem details,

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
    OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
    Locale ID: 4105

Additional information about the problem:
    BCCode: a
    BCP1: 00000004
    BCP2: 0000001B
    BCP3: 00000001
    BCP4: 81C6B220
    OS Version: 6_0_6000
    Service Pack: 0_0
    Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
    C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini092408-02.dmp
    C:\Users\Daniel\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-35796-0.sysdata.xml
    C:\Users\Daniel\AppData\Local\Temp\WERD2D0.tmp.version.txt

Read our privacy statement:
    http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=50163&clcid=0x0409

8. Lykele

Lykele

Rustyrocks -

Wish I could help you further, but when it comes to these blue screen of death cryptic error codes it defies comprehension.

I did a little research on the internet about those BCP errors and many people say it relates to device drivers. You didn't add any piece of hardware to the computer recently? If not, it could be a driver that has gotten corrupt.

By the way, when you were in the Safe mode you mentioned how slow the internet was, but did the computer reboot while in the Safe mode? Reason I ask is because using the Safe mode does not load a lot of drivers, as you probably could tell from the video on the screen.

I believe that the Mini092408-02.dmp file has further clues within it, but I am just not versed in how to read one. Maybe someone else will chime in and tell you how to read it and you might see some reference to the cause.

9. vcreed11

vcreed11

Can you do a system restore on it or do you have the system disks for this machine so that you can do a reinstall.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/752881

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice