1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

i have a network problem in my Gaming cafe

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Lazar.bandi, Apr 10, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. Lazar.bandi

Lazar.bandi Thread Starter

i have 25 gaming computers linked to mikrotik routerboard 951 and give me the internet very well .
    but my problem is the internet cuting a second on 2 or 3 computers in same time its cuting random , we dont have a specific computer always cuting random , every hour take a random computer i dont know what is the solution , i hope some body help me , thank you

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

Does that cut out problem occur when you have a full house - all 25 computers in use ?

3. Lazar.bandi

almost yes but some times i have 16 computers only running and make same problem

4. lunarlander

lunarlander

I guess the router is not powerful enough. Remember the Wi-Fi transmits one computer at a time. Each computer takes a turn at transmitting. Maybe install an additional Wi-Fi router, so that some computers use router A and some computers use router B.

Maybe someone else in the forum can suggest a single router unit that is not a SOHO router.

5. Lazar.bandi

you mean to need changing my router to gaming router or other hight quality router , or you mean install 2 routers in same time ,
    i have question my friend installing same this router mikrotik routerboard 951 and he dont have any problem like this

6. lunarlander

lunarlander

Your friend also operates a 25+ computer network? You cannot compare apples to oranges.

I don't think a gaming router will help. The situation you have is that 16 computers are all trying to transmit at the same time, may be even all watching video.

7. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Something like this, you shouldn't be wireless... if that is how you are set up.

Plus every hour? I wonder if it's due to DHCP lease? If you are using internal IPs, have all of the computers with static IP and make sure the router is not using them on DHCP.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1225623

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice