i have a printer problem with my printer,,please help

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

kiss

i have windows xp home SP3
dell desktop pc dimension 2400.

the problem is with my dell printer
its funny with the dell printers ,,they are rally lexmarks with the dell logo on them.
i think my dell printer is really a lexmark z23.

well anyway the paper feeds in crooked( goes in crooked ) but never jams ,,at least not yet.

what can i do to fix some of that ?.

so far thats the only thing wrong with the printer.

That is typical with Lexmark/Dell printers - if you look down the paper tray, you'll see the reason why - the pickup wheel is to the left side, causing the paper to go cockeyed in - there's a correction tab inside the machine, but as the wheel gets older, the rubber gets glazed and starts the paper to cant even further sideways. Other than cleaning the rubber on the pickup from time to time with a silicon cleaner, there's little that can be done with it.

A-N

kiss

i just looked down there and ok,,,i see what u mean,,thanks.
ok,,,how do you use the silicon cleaner ?, i'm tight on funds and cant buy a new printer right now.

it still prints nice

Silicon cleaner is found in automotive supply stores. It's used to clean rubber parts, and is nasty to work with - I would not recommend it.

In the short while, you can try a cotton swab and some grease-cutting cleaner (Not sure if you're over here or over there, but here in the States, we have cleaners called Formula 409 and Fantastik which are grease cutters), and scrub the wheel. Another even quicker cleaner is isoproyl (Rubbing) alcohol, BUT should only be used for short-term fixes, as the alcohol will at first make the rubber in the wheel very clean and grabby, and then dry it out and cause it to possibly fail even quicker.

Try the grease cutter first.

A-N

kiss

thanks for the idea's,,i will wait till it gets real bad then do it ,,,lol,,,.
like some one told me once "if not broke yet, dont fix it yet."

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online