Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

I have a problem with my computer

357 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  2twenty2 
#1 ·
My computer power supply is really old and I don’t know what it is besides a 460 watt. My motherboard is a asrock a320m-hdv. My cpu is a ryzen 5 1600. My gpu is a 2060. And my ram is 16gb 3600. I just bought the ram and gpu. Now when I boot it boots normally when I have my psu on 115v but it shows no signal on 230v. And when I launch a game such as fortnite it will give me 30-100 FPS which was is NOWHERE near what I should be getting. But when I put my 2060 and my ram in a friends newer computer which idk the specs, the gpu and ram runs perfectly fine I don’t know what the problem is. I’m usually good with computer but this baffles me. Idk if it’s because the psu isn’t supporting enough power or what. Someone please explain and help me figure this out.

#2 ·
The recommended minimum pw supply for that card is 500W. Do not purchase a cheap ie low end pw supply. Go with a quality mfg; seasonic, corsair [AX, HX or RM models]
There are other quality units however those are what I have used and they work great.

#4 ·
My pc is a good pc but I’m getting really low FPS in any game I play even on all low settings. I have a 2060 and 16 gb ddr4 3600 ram newly bought and an Asus b450-f Motherboard with standard toshiba hdd and a ryzen 5 1600 with a 600 watt psu. Now this is the make and model of the psu. Thermaltake tr2 600w atx 12 v2.3 powersupply tr-600cus. But still getting low FPS I even updated my gpu drivers idk what the problem is can someone please explain if you can because I still haven’t figured it out. I also don’t think it’s a bottleneck because if I turn down the resolution it still shows really low fps

#5 ·
This is a carry over or add on from his other thread.

That said:
But still getting low FPS I even updated my gpu drivers idk what the problem is can someone please explain if you can because I still haven't figured it out. I also don't think it's a bottleneck because if I turn down the resolution it still shows really low fps
See your other thread for explanation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.