Status
Not open for further replies.

I have a problem with random games crashing

Solved 
Tags
crash gaming
2K views 21 replies 4 participants last post by  joebitternuts 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi. So some of my games crash at launch like The Binding of Isaac, Darkest Dungeon and Amnesia, but CSGO crashes only when im loading any map (except for mirage?), but other MUCH MORE DEMANDING games work perfectly like Witcher 3, COD MW(2019), Dark Souls 3, Hotline Miami , Gta V and etc. I tried running them as adminstrator, set compatibility with windows 8 or 7 and it didn't help, also i checked and i don't have any issues with my ram. Also crashes appeared only after i upadated my ram from 8 to 16 gigs and got an ssd
My specs:
GPU- Radeon RX 580
CPU- Intel Core i5-6500
16 gigs of ram
Motherboard:
Manufacturer Product
Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. B150M-D3H-CF
PSU: gps-650a8 with wattage rating 85
SSD: Samsung 970evo+ 1tb
64 bit windows
sorry for my english

#3 · (Edited)
Hi and thank you! It's a custom build,
Motherboard:
Manufacturer Product
Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. B150M-D3H-CF
PSU:
Chieftec 230V
And TSG:
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit, Build 19042, Installed 20210303204536.000000+120
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6500 CPU @ 3.20GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 94 Stepping 3, CPU Count: 4
Total Physical RAM: 16 GB
Graphics Card: Radeon RX 580 Series
Hard Drives: C: 149 GB (83 GB Free); D: 781 GB (437 GB Free); G: 931 GB (891 GB Free);
Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. B150M-D3H-CF, ver x.x, s/n To be filled by O.E.M.
System: American Megatrends Inc., ver ALASKA - 1072009, s/n To be filled by O.E.M.
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

#4 ·
These are the performance ratings and power usages for the processor and graphics card in your gaming computer:

Clipboard.jpg

You said the power supply in it is a Chieftec 230V - which does not adequately describe it.
The exact model number and the wattage rating are needed.

I'm not a hardware/gaming expert, but it's my guess you need a processor which has more horsepower.

--------------------------------------------------

#5 ·
These are the performance ratings and power usages for the processor and graphics card in your gaming computer:

View attachment 286911

You said the power supply in it is a Chieftec 230V - which does not adequately describe it.
The exact model number and the wattage rating are needed.

I'm not a hardware/gaming expert, but it's my guess you need a processor which has more horsepower.

--------------------------------------------------
So the model is gps-650a8, and as i understood the wattage rating is 85
Here's photo of psu if i said something wrong.
And sorry for my rudeness but i doubt the problem is in psu or cpu because other MORE demanding games run perfectly
photo_2021-04-10_21-40-44.jpg

#7 ·
I wasn't trying to be rude with my comments.

The power supply has to be able to handle the power needs of your gaming computer's hardware and the demands of gaming, so that's why I requested you provide its identity and wattage rating.
It has a CHIEFTEC GPS-650A8 650W power supply which outputs 50A on the 12V rail, so you appear to be good there.

The performance rating of the processor may handicap the full potential of the graphics card at certain times.

I'll leave you with the hardware/gaming experts here.
Good luck.

---------------------------------------------------

#8 ·
Your hardware looks to be decent, and you have plenty of power with your PSU. You don't mention the display and what resolution you are using. I have a few suggestions to try and narrow down what could be causing the problems.

- Have you tried a video stress test to see what your GPU is capable of? There are several that will work, but I know many people trust Unigine.

- Have you tried lowering the quality video settings of the games in question? If the video level of the game is too much for the GPU, you might get a crash.

- Is your PC overclocked? Memory overclocked? If so, have you stress tested your settings to be sure they are stable? Prime95 will test your CPU for stability and help to dial in a stable overclock.

#9 ·
Im sure my pc will handle the games that crash because they did run before i installed 16 gigs of ram and an ssd, these games could tottaly run on my pc and other much more demanding games do so, it's only those four that crash for me ( and they are not even near as demanding like other games that run perfectly), and i don't overclock my memory nor anything else in my pc.
Could the problem be in ssd or ram?

#10 ·
It's good to know that the PC did run before the memory and SSD changes. It's unlikely the SSD is causing the problem, so let's focus on the memory. I can see the motherboard has 4 DIMM slots. When you added the new RAM was it in addition to the existing RAM, or did you swap out the existing RAM and put in all new? If the RAM was in addition to the existing RAM, did you get the same timing and speed? And what type/speed RAM do you have?

If you took out existing RAM and put in all new, were you able to have BIOS load the XMP from the new RAM?

#11 ·
Agree with Khundoug. If you have changed something in the system and it was running fine before that change, then the most likely cause is associated with the change you made.

Can you provide the make and model of the new RAM you installed?
Do you add to existing RAM or replace that with the new RAM?
Exactly what is the configuration of the RAM? 1 stick, 2 sticks and which motherboard slots are they in?

#13 ·
The model is HyperX DDR4-2400 16384MB PC4-19200 (Kit of 2x8192) Fury Black (HX424C15FB3K2/16). Replaced old one with new. 2 sticks, 8 gigs each. And they are in slots 4 and 3?? Here's the photo because i'm not sure. Also windows Does show that i have 16 gigabytes of ram. ОЗП is ram on ukrainian
Hardware programmer Circuit component Audio equipment Electrical wiring Computer hardware
Rectangle Font Circle Magenta Handwriting

#14 ·
Hi

Your motherboard doesn't support DDR4-2400 RAM speeds so this could be a problem. In reality it will just downgrade the speed of the RAM to DDR-2133 speeds, but worth considering.

B150M-D3H_20150828 (gigabyte.com)

Make sure all your system drivers are up to date with the latest versions from the Motherboards website, see below:

GA-B150M-D3H (rev. 1.0) Support | Motherboard - GIGABYTE Global

Can you also install APP Center and System Information Viewer from the above link under the Utilities Section. I am not particularly familiar with Gigabyte tools but would be useful to see the information provided.

#21 ·
Hi, I cant see anything particularly wrong with the hardware elements we have looked at.

If I was in this position, my next port of call would be a full wipe and reinstall of Windows. I am more of a hardware person and don't know the details around digging into software issues with Windows itself, so I just go for a complete install from scratch.

Might be an option but dont forget to save / backup any important information (files, pictures etc) that may be on the machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.