I Have A Problem. (With Sound)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Newbie-46

Okay, maybe I should have simply put myself down as a computer illiterate, but I didn't think I was THAT ignorant.

Well, I won't bother you with the small talk and get right to my problem.

This computer use to belong to my father, he's pretty good with them, but he doesn't seem much interested in helping me discover what's wrong with this thing.

I like to listen to music and play an occasional game or two in my free time, so you can imagine how annoying it would be if sound were an issue. It's the strangest thing... my computer just spontaneously mutes itself from time to time. It may be spaced apart, but mind you, it happens every day for me. I'm not sure what it's trying to do, but I'll be listening to something and *Poof!* the sound is gone. When I minimize the program, and click on the volume control at the bottom right corner, the options pop up and the "Volume Control" on the left is checked on mute.

Wave, SW Synth, and all those are unchecked, but "Volume Control" is and all sound goes out when it does. So I have to uncheck it and get back to what I was doing.

This isn't serious, I know, but I hope you can understand how much of a bother it is and give me an answer, if any at all exist.

Maybe the gremlins did it...

Well, thanks for your time.

-P.S.

I apologize in advance if I put this in the wrong forum... Just goes to show what a novice I am.

-P.P.S./P.S.S./P.P.S.S./Whatever

Incidently, this never has happened when there has been no sound playing... Leave it alone and it's fine, but play something that has noise in it and it's only a matter of time before the sound's gone.

I'll answer since no one else has since yesterday. This may not be the best way to solve your problem or may not help. First, if your system allows mark a restore point, then check the windows media player version and go to Microsoft website-not sure of link, and download that or an updated version of WMP. Then go to the "No Sound Device" thread higher on this page by Shortys748. and follow instruction. OK? Thats a place to start! I don't like when my questions are ignored, so give a try and come back here later. Maybe someone will have a better idea. Good Luck, Claytonwg:)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online