1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

i have a question about laptop keyboards - is it normal for them to flex

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by FuzzyWuzzy, Sep 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. FuzzyWuzzy

FuzzyWuzzy Thread Starter

Like when you type, when it gets hot the comp...and you type away, you can feel the keyboard flex and hear maybe the plastic frame just make a bit more noise than it should, meaning not just the keys pressed making noise. Or should it be complete silient other than the key pressed.

what is normal these days. i dont know if i should get my keyboard replaced or not. I brought it in the toshiba and they said it might be normal with this model.

2. FuzzyWuzzy

also if you can let me know how to get rid of the flexing and make the kb feel more solid. Im sure you dont need to replace the entire kb, I heard some tape under the keyboard would help it? but stick it where?

3. DaveBurnett

DaveBurnett Account Closed

Yes, it is normal, some makes more than others. I would not advise trying to pad it out.

4. FuzzyWuzzy

will it get worse over time? how do you deal with it.

what do you mean pad it out. its just annoying.

5. DaveBurnett

DaveBurnett Account Closed

You said tape under the keyboard.
    No it should not get any worse.

6. FuzzyWuzzy

But how can I put tape under the keyboard. I heard the keyboard on laptops just pull right out from th top? there should be a switch without having to open it up?

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/277001

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice