1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

I have a question.

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by wbrose, Aug 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wbrose

wbrose Thread Starter

I hope it is not too dumb and easy for someone here.

I DSL broadband and a dialup connection on my system.

When I restart it the dialup tries to connect and of course the DSL connect.

How do I make it so the dialup only tries to connect when I activate.

I only use as a backup connection capability.

Thanks in advance for your help.

2. axis77

axis77

Internet Explorer>Tools>Internet Options>Connections Tab>Dial Up and Virtual Private Network Settings. Click on your dial up connection in this box and right below select the radial button for "Never Dial a connection" (if you never want it to dial unless you specify) or "Dial Whenever a network connecton is not present" (if you cant get on the dsl, this should kick in.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/489393

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice