I have a USB cable that has different colored wires

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

wwjones2794

I'm not familiar with these color of wires on a USB cable. I know the normal colors. And out of research I found similar combinations. But none are an exact match. The mico-end for a cell phone is all I have and it's way to small for me to use my meter to test pinouts. I could use a little help if anyone has had this problem before.

Yellow- which I assume is 5vdc+
White- which I assume is the ground.
Lt. Blue or Lt. Grey- ???
Lt. Brown or Dark Grey- ????

The micro plug fits nicely into my phone and the cord is extra long, so my end result will be an excellent data/charge cable for my phone.
Thanks

cwwozniak

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
First Name
Chuck
I do not believe that the USB standard specifies the use any particular set of colors for the wires in the cable. Your safest way to proceed may be to come up with some kind of adapter for your meter's probe tips.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online