1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

I have a Windows 95 laptop but I have no clue if sound card is bad!

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by Kenneth61999, Dec 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kenneth61999

Kenneth61999 Thread Starter

Hello, I recently got an old laptop for Christmas that's what I wanted when I started the laptop it's sound worked great! :D I stopped using the laptop for 2 days because I was using it constantly, when I went with my dad to pick up my sister I brang the laptop along with me I started it up and everything was going great except I got 2 errors first one 162-System Options not set and second one was Memory is full I fixed that error but I still have the System option not set error and my sound still won't work!!! As I was saying my sound had a conflict with the printer port so i changed the interrupt request to 10 No conflicts restarted my computer sound still doesn't work:( so I did the Microsoft Windows 95 Product Team Easter egg and I heard sound from my speakers and when I plugged my headphones up i could hear it (y) but my .wav sounds aren't working or anything else if any of you know what's wrong I will be very thankful The laptop is a Compaq Armada 4120 it has Windows 95 A 16 mb of ram and a pentium processor P.S The sound icon was on the taskbar

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
  3. Kenneth61999

Kenneth61999 Thread Starter

Thank you for an excellent reply but my device manager detects my sound drivers and there are no conflicts it will play that stupid 95 easter egg but no .wav sounds Sincerly Kenneth

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1082856

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice