1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

I have always gotten fatal excep, illegal operations, access violations, many more.

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by gailee, Feb 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. gailee

gailee Thread Starter

I browsed your forums saw all my difficulties listed and more, I will add this is a remanufactured gateway, pentium 111, 56k flex modem,256 rimm, sound max integrated audio[which is gone],drivers disappearing, unknown devices in manager, ... would appreciate some help, please from anyoneout there.

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Hi and welcome. You are going to have to be more specific on error messages, what is disappearing, etc.

What operating system are you running? Can you get to the desktop at all?

3. gailee

gailee Thread Starter

oper sys is windows 98 se oem, yes i can get to desk top, multiamedia drivers became unknown in d. manager when sound went out, system restorations don't work, cuz now machine want's specific 98se cdrom, that I did not get.

4. ~Candy~

Ok, so let's try to start with one problem at a time......are the colors correct on the desktop? Do the icons appear normal or are they larger? What kind of disks do have? Since you mention restore, you probably have a name brand computer? If so, make/model?

5. gailee

gailee Thread Starter

acacandy i got specific 0028:bff88112 fatal excep. access vio. at address004568E2 in module lwb wheel exe ffffff.

6. ~Candy~

Do you get that message on shutdown? Is this a Gateway machine, by chance? Duh, guess if I'd read the first post I would have figured that one out :rolleyes:

7. gailee

gailee Thread Starter

colors used to be black now green, icons same size, drive zeroed by gateway, 1 30 03 cuz i del. windows [ie previous]. thats when color changed, did get a sound blaster card, 98se cdrom would not install, had to use the windows me, 200 xp version, I truley believe this system is illegall.

8. ~Candy~

9. gailee

gailee Thread Starter

no ,no message on shut down, always done that fine, yes a gateway pentium 111, 56k valhalla flex modem, integrated audio,

10. gailee

gailee Thread Starter

hey gateway refused to send someone to my home when warrenty had on site repair, based on may 2001 purchase of system, go figure, thanks for answering,

11. gailee

gailee Thread Starter

can you help me determine if OEM is illegal or not? all problems indicate that windows ME exist on this system, not 98se ?

12. ~Candy~

Do you have the certificate of authenticity? What does the top of the cd say?

13. ~Candy~

I receive one of the following error messages:

"Fatal Exception OE Has occurred 0028:Bff88112"

"Fatal Exception OD has occurred at 0028:C00028C6"

"Fatal Exception OE has occurred at 0197:BFF9DF4."

To resolve this please follow these steps.

Search the hard disk for Apmsgoff.reg and Apld_run.reg, then merge each file into the registry.
    On your screen, locate and click the Start button. From the Start menu, point to Find, then click Files or Folders.
    In the Find: All Files window, on the Named line, type: Apmsgoff.reg, verify the Look In box is set to C:, then click Find Now.
    Once you find the file double-click the file.
    It asks you if you are sure you want to add this information to the Registry, click Yes.
    When the addition is complete, click OK.
    In the Find: All Files window, on the Named line, type: Apld_run.reg, then click Find Now.
    Once you find the file double-click the file.
    It asks you if you are sure you want to add this information to the Registry, click Yes.
    When the addition is complete, click OK.

Found this here:

http://www.explorermicro.com/faq.html#f

14. gailee

gailee Thread Starter

thanks AcaCandy, I did print your fatal exception errs.. thanks. ALOT. Do I need to do this before you can give info about illegal operations and access violations?

15. ~Candy~

Hi gailee, I merged your new thread with your other thread....if you start a new thread, I won't be notified that you reposted again....please keep posting back to this same thread.

I think you should try that first.

Another thing you should do is scan for viruses.

If possible, also try to do this:

start button, run, then type msconfig and press ok...go to the startup tab and uncheck everything except for statemgr (or scanregistry, still not sure which version of Windows you are running), systray and the two load power profiles.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/119696

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice