1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

i have an Intel Sw:)

Discussion in 'Networking' started by anggwaponi, Oct 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. anggwaponi

anggwaponi Thread Starter

hi :)

i have an Intel Express 10/100 Fast Ethernet Switch.

now, i can't login to its username, as well, password ... since the guy who have configured this equipment has resigned long ago :rolleyes:.

no one knows among the remaining IT considering that all are new. i have made the initial connection using the HyperTerminal but thats it, i can't supply the required username and password.

i was given the go signal to reset but i don't know how :(

this unit is also no more warranty. in fact, the hardcopy of its manual has long been lost or missing. i tried to have a communique with Intel but seems it needs an upgrade which my organization can't afford because we are in cost-cutting stage.

hoping kind hearted individual can lend their expertise (y).

thanks,

cheers! :D

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

What's the exact model of the switch?

3. anggwaponi

hello JohnWill :)

as u can see in my initial inquiry, i have already stated the model.

however, when i tried to browse again the net ... its Intel Express ES101TX 8-Port Modular Network Switch/Hub.

[​IMG]

hope this will help a lot :cool:.

thanks,

cheers! :D

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

That's the model I was looking for. Intel Express 10/100 Fast Ethernet Switch is the whole family. :)

Here's the User's Manual for the switch. It appears there is a "management module" that is used with all of these, and can control multiple switches from a single unit. I've never used this switch, so that's about as "helpful" as I can be here. :)

5. anggwaponi

hello JohnWill :)

and thanks for the link ... but i can say that it doesn't mentoned anything about if username and password.

as i said, this unit of mine has no more warranty since the said unit has long been out in the market. and the hardcopy of its manual is missing also :rolleyes:

how can i possibly reset its username and password specially that no reset button can be found inside? :confused:

what i'm after now is i can access the said stuff using its Console-port through HyperTerminal or even Telnet is okay. problem is i do not know what IP address is assigned to this equipment. any command i can issue to verify such item?? :confused:

any 3rd party software is highly appreciated if it can't hurt the main systems :cool:

cheers!:D

6. TheOutcaste

TheOutcaste

I found the same link JohnWill did for a manual, but the actual download seems to be for a EE110TX12, which is a 12 port HUB that accepts a management module, not the 8 port switch with the built in console port.

So I did some digging on the Intel FTP site and found the manual, which can be downloaded here (direct download link):

ftp://download.intel.com/support/express/switches/10100fast/Switch2.pdf

If you can access the switch through the console port now, you can find it's IP address from the command line interface, check the manual for the commands.

I couldn't find anything about reseting the password if one has been set, but have you tried leaving both username and password blank? That is the default.

You might be able to use debug for both username and password. I don't think you can reset anything with those, but you might be able to at least see what the IP address is. Once you get that, you might be able to use SNMP/Network Management Software software to change the password, or at least configure the switch.

I don't know enough about SNMP to guide you with that though.

With some 3com switches, the only way to reset the password is to re-flash the switch firmware using a tftp server. I have no idea if that would work on this Intel switch.

Network Management Software might be able to discover the switch and it's IP address. If you don't have a commercial version, OpenNMS is free. I've never used it so can't comment on it's features.

HTH

Jerry

7. anggwaponi

hello again Jerry

thanks really for constantly quiding me through all the inquiries i asked here in this site. i'm sure lots of nice & beautiful aspects will return to u as a sign of yur goodness & generousity ... i owe u big man (y)

any way, i still gonna try that link u gave (OpenNMS) since with that other link u gave, still it doesn't specificy how can i manage to reset it :(

i hope someday Intel guys can really assist me :cool:

once again Jerry, thanks! :D

cheers :)

8. botanic

botanic

id call intel and say no we dont want an upgrade I JUST WANT TO KNOW HOW TO RESET THIS WITH OUT BUYING ANYTHING WHAT IS THE PROCEDURE

basically repeat yourself and go up the chain till someone helps =/

just dont take you have to buy this or no for acceptable answers

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/757591

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice