1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

I have currently bought a Motorola DSL modem and i was trying to connect to my labtop

Discussion in 'Networking' started by smileyfrowned, Dec 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. smileyfrowned

smileyfrowned Thread Starter

i bought the Motorola 3360, and i was trying to connected it to my labtop but it was having issues. when i'm trying to open up a page it show us the following message (and it's at the motorola at&t IP page):

The Motorola 3360 device has detected potential problems with your DSL connection which may impact your service. the problem is often caused by a phone or other device which is connected to your phone line 9such as a fax machine, satellite receiver, alarm system or medical monitor) that does not have a DSL filter.

out telephone line is also connected to a fax machine/phone but i have a dsl filter plug into the phone jack and it lead out to two jack holes, one for the internet line that connects to the motorola modem, one for the fax machine. I thought that would solve the problem but it didn't.

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    if you unplug the phone and the fax - does the modem now work ?

3. smileyfrowned

smileyfrowned Thread Starter

no it still won't work! only three light is blinking. the powerlight ,eternet light, and dsl light. the internet light and the activity light isn't blinking at all

4. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    so you have a DSL enabled line - but its not logging into the service
    have you set the username password and other parameters correctly in the router

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1082926

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice