1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

I have failed at setting password for Belkin router

Discussion in 'General Security' started by nettiemich, Dec 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. nettiemich

nettiemich Thread Starter

I have an Acer Windows 10 64 bit. I am self-taught on computers and I have never been formally educated on computers. I also have vision issues so it is difficult to follow the tiny print. I have enlarged on my screen. But my question is I was give a hand me down Belkin Router for my computer several years ago as I am on a limited income. I tried to set up a NEW PASSWORD at the time and lost my router access so went back to the factory pass word. I live in a condo and noticed recently that a "new renter" may be accessing my router and there are a lot of people going in and out at this renter's place so I am worried and need some STEP BY STEP guidance setting up a password once and for all! Here is my Belkin information
    MY ROUTER belkin.1f6.guests /belkin.1f6.5GHZ without the "secured pin" should I provide the pin too? I have "googled this question but I do not think the directions are specific enough as I tried back when I first got this hand me down Belkin and failed? See my challenge is since I never had any formal fundamental classes in computers I get so confused with the jargon.
    Thanks Lynnette
    I just joined via GIZMO and looked at your welcome video but please let me know if I inadvertently left out any crucial info to help.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3337U CPU @ 1.80GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 58 Stepping 9
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 3979 Mb
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000, -2042 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: 452 GB (175 GB Free);
    Motherboard: Acer, Dazzle_CX
    Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

There must be a label on your Belkin, maybe a sticker on the bottom that gives the model number?

3. nettiemich

nettiemich Thread Starter

Hi Lunarlander and or Laura MJ
    Here is the model number info you requested for the Belkin Router I found on the bottom of the router:
    MODEL # F9K1103V1
    N750DB WIRELESS N+ ROUTER
    Thanks for your reply
    Lynnette

4. lunarlander

lunarlander

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1220964

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice