I have never been able to run 3 monitors w. Win7

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

LettuceChat

I have an ATI Radeon HD 4300/4500 Series dual video card and I am running 2 monitors just fine but I want to be able to also hook-up a 3rd. monitor to my on-board video connection. I used to be able to do this easily with WinXP but with Win7 it appears that the video card supersedes my on-board video output every time or if I change the bios and have it look for my onboard video connection then my external video card does not work. I have used different external video cards and changed the bios all to no avail.

Is there a trick to getting my on-board video to work simultaneously with my external video card using Win7 Professional?

Thanks for any help with this.

LettuceChat on Maui

Oddba11

Jim
It's My Birthday!
Using onboard chipsets and a video card together are typically a hardware issue. Most often, you cannot use both as the motherboard/BIOS disable the onboard when a video card is present.

If this exact hardware has worked in this configuration in the past (ie: with XP), it should work now as well. If not, I'd suspect a driver issue. There isn't a Win7 restriction that I'm aware of.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online