1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

I have never been able to run 3 monitors w. Win7

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by LettuceChat, Nov 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LettuceChat

LettuceChat Thread Starter

I have an ATI Radeon HD 4300/4500 Series dual video card and I am running 2 monitors just fine but I want to be able to also hook-up a 3rd. monitor to my on-board video connection. I used to be able to do this easily with WinXP but with Win7 it appears that the video card supersedes my on-board video output every time or if I change the bios and have it look for my onboard video connection then my external video card does not work. I have used different external video cards and changed the bios all to no avail.

Is there a trick to getting my on-board video to work simultaneously with my external video card using Win7 Professional?

Thanks for any help with this.

LettuceChat on Maui

2. Oddba11

Oddba11 It's My Birthday!

First Name:
    Jim
    Using onboard chipsets and a video card together are typically a hardware issue. Most often, you cannot use both as the motherboard/BIOS disable the onboard when a video card is present.

If this exact hardware has worked in this configuration in the past (ie: with XP), it should work now as well. If not, I'd suspect a driver issue. There isn't a Win7 restriction that I'm aware of.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1025492

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice