1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

I have never run into this.

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by OogaBooga, Feb 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. OogaBooga

OogaBooga Thread Starter

I wasn't sure where I should post this question....here goes:

On any website I go to that requires me to click in a box and then type whatever, I am unable to click in that box. Example: mail.yahoo.com. I am unable to click in the box to type in my log/pass. I can click in the addy bar on the browser however. I cannot click, hold and highlight text on any site either. My OS is WinME, got the latest I.E. if that makes a difference. My regular I.T. guys are no help at this point. Can anyone offer advice. Consensus on this end is that it may be a registry issue. (All of this is on a different P.C. than the one I am on now obviously.)

2. StumpedTechy

StumpedTechy

Does this happen no matter which user logs onto the PC?

3. OogaBooga

OogaBooga Thread Starter

That's correct Stumped.

4. StumpedTechy

StumpedTechy

ME does not ship out with I.E. 6.0 so maybe if you try rolling the browser back to the version before it will bring that functionality back? I would go into add and remove programs and see if you can do an uninstall of I.E. 6.0 and see if thie is also happening with the old version.

5. bearone2

bearone2 Banned

i had problems with 98se and ie6 and had to format/reinstall se.

6. OogaBooga

OogaBooga Thread Starter

We eventually re-installed I.E. 6.0 and it works fine now. I appreciate the help!

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/325794

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice