1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

I have no audio device, I deleted it...

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Homiebmcd, Jul 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Homiebmcd

Homiebmcd Thread Starter

I was going through my hardrive yesterday trying to delete unwanted stuff to get more space on my hardrive. I had 0%left. So of course I saw this audio thing and I deleted it thinking it was something I randomly downloaded long ago. Well Now I have no sound what so ever on my computer. So checked sounds, speech, and audio devices and guess what, No audio device present. So I was wondering if I could download a good audio device for free or if I'm going to have to go to best buy and get a whole new one?

2. bonk

bonk Banned

GO to System Restore to and choose a Date in dark blue only to before you deleted the Audio Device would be my first suggestion.

Click on Start>>All Programs>>Accessories>>System Tools>>System Restore

3. Homiebmcd

Homiebmcd Thread Starter

I tried what you said. It didn't work. It still says I have no audio device. But I think I have a direct 8.1 audio card, Is that a sound card? I dont know if this information helps

4. RSM123

RSM123

Try this free utility :

http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html

It will scan your hard disk and provide a full profile of the hardware in your system ... specifically motherboard, and sound module ( onboard or dedicated card.)

Do you have the original CD that came with your pc ? If not .....

With this info from Belarc you will be able to do a Google Search for drivers.

Post back if you have any more questions though please include make / model of your board and / or soundcard.

5. Homiebmcd

Homiebmcd Thread Starter

I dont know where the cd is. I've looked all over for it, so the answer is no for now, but I'm still looking.

I'm kinda lost though. I did the scan, it gave me alot of information. What exactly am I looking for that tells me what to search on google?

6. Elvandil

Elvandil

Look for an audio device. If you can't find it, try PCWizard[​IMG]. Download it, install it, run it. Click on the speaker icon and look for information about your sound.

7. Homiebmcd

Homiebmcd Thread Starter

It says no audio device. I know its not there. I've looked for it and I am positive I deleted it. So if I download that program what will it tell me exactly if you know. Cause I already know no audio device exsists at the moment..I need to download one? but I'm not sure which one is right for my sound card or well whatever. To be honest I dont really know what I'm talking about..but thank you for your time

8. Elvandil

Elvandil

It will tell you what audio device is there. You'll need to know what one you have exactly before you can download anything for it.

9. Homiebmcd

Homiebmcd Thread Starter

Manufacturer : Dell Computer Corp

Codec Information :
    AC'97 support : Yes
    S/PDIF support : No
    Manufacturer : Analog Devices
    Model : AD1981B
    Codec Revision : 0002

I have no idea what to do with that information.
    I dont know if you can help me cause i'm realizing the more I ask, the more lost I'm goign to get..

maybe I can get my friend to fix it for me

10. Elvandil

Elvandil

11. Homiebmcd

Homiebmcd Thread Starter

I tried that and it said: driver not fount, reboot your system and run this system again. I restarted my computer...

and it still doesn't work

12. Elvandil

Elvandil

Waht gave you the message? Was it from running the downloaded program?

13. Homiebmcd

Homiebmcd Thread Starter

I downloaded the program, saved, then clicked run, it was downloading it and thats when the that message popped up

14. Elvandil

Elvandil

I'll download it now and see what format it is in. Try to find it or download it again to your desktop so you know where it is.

15. Elvandil

Elvandil

OK. Download the file to your desktop. Create a new folder on your desktop named "Driver". Click on the downloaded file. Click "Continue". When it asks where to extract the files, direct it to the Driver folder you created.

If setup does not start by itself, open the folder and click on setup.exe.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/597798

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice